ORIGINAL ITALIAN Spaghetti all’Amatriciana
You got to try this wonderful original Italian recipe! It was recommended by my close friends Natasha and Antonio who live in Lazio. It’s symbol of Italian culinary tradition. Its origin is Amatrice, small city in Lazio, the city of spaghetti.
The following recipe is real treasure, so pay attention my friends.
- 400 gr spaghetti
- 350 gr tomato sauce
- 100 gr. bacon, sliced on small squares
- 50 ml white wine
- 50 gr. grated sheep cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 chili pepper, chopped
- Put the bacon in a pan with olive oil and fry it together with chili pepper.
- When the fat from bacon become glassy and transparent, add wine and cooked until alcohol evaporated.
- Take out the bacon and put it in a plate.
- In the same pan where bacon was cooked, add tomato sauce and cook for a few minutes
In meanwhile, cook spaghetti the usual way
- Cooked spaghetti add in a pan with tomato sauce, add bacon and all mix together gently and cook for about just 1 minute on medium heat. Add a little pepper.
- When done, add on top of it cheese
Serve while it’s hot.
Buon Appetito !